Interested in Concrete Finishing Options?
Concrete Finishing Options
Norsk Concrete offers different finishing options when creating your new concrete project. We offer these options so that you do not have to settle for just a plain, smooth gray concrete. At Norsk Concrete, we offer different options so you can create an original concrete design for your project that meets the condition of your particular location.
During the initial consultation, we will discuss all the options that are available for your concrete project request. Some of the decorative options can be finished in several different ways. Each finishing option has its advantages and disadvantages which we will discuss when planning the creation of your driveway.
The finishes and decorative options we can provide for your concrete project include:
- Smooth Troweled Finish - This finish offers a beautiful, smooth finish for your concrete surface, but may be slippery when wet. This type of finish is not usually chosen for driveways.
- Broom Finish - The Broom finish is the most popular finish used on concrete driveways, sidewalks and steps. It is a slightly rough finish that is created by using brooms at exactly the right stage in the setting of the concrete. It’s a non-slip surface when wet and can also hide minor irregularities in the concrete.
- Exposed Aggregate Finish - The Exposed Aggregate finish is created by carefully washing away a thin layer of the cement that binds the concrete from the surface. We typically use ½ inch river rock when creating the exposed aggregate finish. It exposes the gravel aggregate and leaves a colorful, pebbly appearance which is growing in popularity for concrete projects.
- Stamped Concrete - The Stamped Concrete finish is created by using a selected patterned stamp to create an attractive design in your concrete project. Stamped concrete is concrete that is patterned and/or textured or embossed to resemble brick, slate, flagstone, stone, tile, wood, and various other patterns and textures. The stamped concrete is made to resemble other building materials and is a less expensive alternative to using other authentic materials such as stone, slate or brick. There are three procedures used in stamped concrete which separate it from other concrete procedures; the addition of a base color, the application of an accent color, and the stamping of a pattern into the concrete. These three procedures provide stamped concrete with a color and shape similar to the natural building material. It also is longer lasting than paved stone, and still resembles the look.
- Colored Concrete - Colored concrete is a decorative way to enhance your new concrete project. We use two different approaches in coloring your concrete; Intregal Liquid Color or Shake-On Powder Color. When we use the Liquid Color, you get a full range of stunning colors that are evenly distributed throughout the entire mixture of concrete, not just on the surface. When we use the Shake-On Powder Color, the color is applied by hand after the concrete is poured but before it hardens. This topical application of color uses pre-blended bags of granular color mixtures that will give you various colored patterns to the finished concrete.